MIC permit is required for businesses that are
(1) Strategic for the Union of Myanmar
(2) Large capital intensive projects
(3) Projects which have a large potential impact on the environment and local society
(4) Use the state-owned land and Building and
(5) Designated by the government to require the submission of a proposal to the Commission.
Business or investment that do not fall under 5 categories above do not require a MIC permit but would need to submit MIC endorsement application.
The following procedures are the general step of MIC permit application.
- stage 1-collect information from dica
- stage 2-prepare documents
- stage 3-review by dica proposal assessment team (pat)
- stage4-review by myanmar investment commission (mic)
- stage 5-obtaining results